Wednesday 24 November 2010

Week 3 Art

This week in drawing class was very experimental and interesting. This week i have enjoyed most. The class had a very personal touch. We had to bring in five objects which meant something about ourselves. Living in halls I had little sentimental objects which was rather annoying. This session bought both aspect of from my two earlier sessions; blind drawing and textured collage. I really like the shape and shadow of a bracelet i had bought in and used this throughout the day. I found the blind drawing quite changeling. I felt the need to look at my drawing and correct the mis-drawn line or smudge.
Once i was able to do my own thing with object i was really in my comfort zone, I layered up the bracelet within the page using lots of different medias such as ink, charcoal and pencil. I am really pleased with my final piece. However regret spending so much time on perfecting one piece. 
 

After creating this piece I discovered a fantastic artist Kathy Donahey, she uses acrylics, oils, pastels and collage. Much like my image Donahey likes to layer up her images within her paintings often combining several in one piece. Donahey's work is surrounded in fantasy and daydreams creating surreal pieces. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment