Tuesday 11 January 2011

Week 1 Painting



Today was my first my painting class we were asked to do some blind drawings from an object from out bags. I choose my ipod, looking directly at an object and not the paper while drawing  it. This was done on graph paper. I used many different colour felt pens to do this and a few times changed angle of my paper, to express a more unique and exciting image. I found this exercise quite a challenge to start with although I had experienced a similar technique in drawing classes. However in a weird kind of way I was really pleased with my wacky colourful drawing, it gave me so much freedom within my drawing and produced quite an expressionistic piece of work.  During the lesson I also learnt about different types of paints and their properties this did quite fascinate me. I learnt about acrylic gels, glazes, opaque paint and matt.
I found blind drawing quite exciting, but also difficult, I found I needed a lot of self control when drawing, so that I wouldn't look at my drawings. Here is another I did at home. However I did this one in graphite pencil and then pen. Although this image is quite hard to identify what it is, a few different lines and shapes within the drawing make it a recognisable ipod. 


This style of drawing very much reminded me of surrealistic art with bold lines and dream like imagery. Similar to that of the artist surrealism artist Miro.
I really like these two image by Miro they look really bold and exciting to look at. Challenging the perceptive of reality. 



No comments:

Post a Comment