Tuesday 25 January 2011

Week 3: Painting

Today was the third paining section. A little disappointing thinking its to be one of my last sessions. After the first two lessons, I had felt I have really developed my ideas, and I was buzzing to experiment further. After doing a lot of work over the weekend I had ideas flying all over the place. I decided to pin point an idea down so I started with some graph paper doing a few blind drawings of a bracelet I was wearing I loved the effect of a backdrop of graph paper. I did these drawing in thin pen and felt tip. They look quite unique but to simple on there own.  
 I wanted to take this idea of blind drawing further. I really liked the overall finish of the drawing the bracelet looks quite quirky but simple almost losing its look as bracelet.
I wanted to take this idea further therefore decided to work on it in different textured paint. Within the colours of the bracelet red, brown and yellow, after finish it it off with a dab of textured paint to add a nice finish and depth to the painting.  I was really excited to start developing my  ideas in paint this became a real exciting opportunity.
















This is the image I came out with I used red, blue and yellow paint and to create this bracelet. I added texture paint, to add slight detail to the painting. Once it was dry I added ripped graph paper to add highlights to painting. To finish the image off I outlined the bracelet in black ink pen and added a wash. Overall I am really pleased with painting. The painting has lost its bracelet looks the image almost becomes landscape like. After doing a few more different scamps and ideas with the bracelet I wanted to try something different I decided to move back onto the idea of the blind Ipod drawing I had created. 












This was what became my final painting. This is only a section of the drawing. I used my blind drawing to recreate a painting in the three primary colours. Overall I was really pleased with my final painting. I was so pleased and inspired by this piece I ended up doing a larger version of this painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment