Saturday 9 April 2011

Print

While researching something else I came across this gorgeous line etching by John Urban The Walrus 1969. I thought it really linked in well with my project by using nature and the environment as a theme. I really like the way to create the sea weed and other plants John Urban has used swirls and repeated line. Although the print is far from lifelike the careful detail and use of rubbing has created a really contrasting bold highlighting the life underwater.
Today I also tried to lino print my image at home although I did end up with a disappointing print. Resulting this I think I need to make a trip up to Sion Hill.












I quite like the sketchy feel to this print. The thistles look quite good however the patchy printing really lets the overall image down. I think it would look so much better with a deep block black highlighting the white detailed thistles.

No comments:

Post a Comment