Saturday 9 April 2011

Week 3: Print

This week I felt a little less prepare and inspired for lesson, so I decided to do some research into print making artsist I wanted to carry on the nature theme for my project but felt I needed some inspiration.  Consistently I stubble upon this awesome print by Arthur Boyd 1920 Figure and Flying Beast. (Dry Point). 
















I felt great movement within his prints, even thought what seems unintentional of the artist, in the right hand corner of the image I feel looks quite like wildlife I don't really know the print is trying to convey but I quite like the feeling of letting viewing decide for themselves. There are a lot of bold wispy lines throughout which could be seen as grass or vines. I personally feel the image has a feel of freedom and nature however referring to the title I could be wrong. I really want to get this lose relax feel into my own prints.  I decieded to look futher in Arthur Boyd's work as his prints seem to have a strong nature theme running throughout.















Waterhole with birds near Alice Springs






























Wimmera, Waterhole with Birds

I really like the lose relaxed feel to Arthur Boyd's work his style of print matches the subject matter of the image the freedom of nature. I really like this work and want to try creating a similar feeling within my own work. After exhausting etching I decided to move onto a different type of print; mono printing and once I started I couldn't stop. 





















Using the thistles as a theme I carried on printing them, I really enjoyed mono printing, I thought I would quick fast prints out this however I found the longer I spent drawing out the print the better prints I seemed to produce. 




















I even found taking the negative of the print created a great image in itself. However I feel I have really worn out the idea of printing thistles. I found myself wanting to move onto some a little more demanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment